Thursday, April 30, 2009

Under the Sea Swap


I am really excited about the Under the Sea Swap hosted by the fablulously creative Zan. Since I have only been creating art dolls since February, this is my first swap. I haven't figured out how to add the little signs (?) to the side of my page, but you can check it out at http://wildatheart.blogspot.com/. I have been looking at some of the artist who are participating and their work is excellent. There is still time to enter this swap and it looks like great fun. There are a few rules for the swap, one being size limitation. I made my first doll and she was way too big. (You can see her on the right.)So I am making another one that is just about the right size. She is completely different, but in the same style. I will be posting my first attempt on my etsy site http://dellaraedezines.etsy.com/ Once I start to work on one of my dolls I don't want to stop. I will look at the clock and it will be two in the morning and I get up at 5:30. I just get so carried away and forget that I need to sleep. I am an elementary art teacher and I have been sharing some of my dolls with my students. You can't imagine some of the comments you get from children between the ages of 5-11. They really tell you what they think. They are wonderful critics.

No comments:

Post a Comment