Saturday, September 5, 2009


I know that you won't believe this...but it's true. I was getting ready to go somewhere a few days ago and was in the bathroom putting on my makeup. All of a sudden I heard this splashing and gurgling coming from the toilet. I didn't know what to think so I cautiously walked over to have a peek. All of a sudden from the hole in the toilet out plopped and huge frog. Now I know I was freaking out and you don't think it was that big, but it was. The first thing I did was scream and then I shut the lid. Next, I wondered what I was going to do. I didn't want to flush it back down as I was sure it would come up again at an inopportune time, if you know what I mean. I called my friend whose husband is a plumber and she laughed and told me she wasn't sending someone out for a frog. She said, "Just catch it." She hadn't seen it. It was bigger than my hand. Finally I decided I had to do something. I went to the kitchen and got a quart sized Stonyfield Farm yogurt container. I carefully opened the lid and yes, she was still there. I slipped the trap over the frog, Oh my goodness, she was so big her legs were hanging out. Slapping the lid on as good as I could I rushed outside and let her go. Since then I have found out that she was probably a Cuban Treefrog, and probably a female since they grow to be as big as six inches long. I wonder how long she had been down there? I know this sounds crazy, but I had heard croaking for weeks echoing from the toilet. I knew it was a frog, but I though they must be under the house, maybe near a pipe. I read that they get in the toilet through the vent pipe on the roof. I have also found out that she is not a welcome visitor in Florida. One other very important thing I have learned is to turn on the light and check the toilet when you get up in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! Luckily, our Texas toads remain outside but they too get rather large. I tried to catch on for all the kids the other night, but I'm just all that agile or fast anymore, so he got away!! I have a gecko living in my office. He occasionally likes to climb on my leg as I sit on the computer. He's doing his job by eating those nasty little buggy critters...haven't seen any!!! Reptiles and amphibians are just part of desert life around here!! Just remember, they don't eat much!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by throw your name in the pot.I come by all the time and read you blog love it. Our tree frogs haven't come in yet.Have had snake get in from the basement was on the bathroom door casing late one night.I jump a mile and of course I had to ??????him
    good luck in the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I just fell off my chair! That was just priceless! Thanks for sharing and making me laugh! Have a great week my friend! Keep creating!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh too. I would be shocked. I do not think we would ever have one where I live... I hope not anyway, even though they are so cool to look at, hey weren't you suppose to kiss him? Hugs

    ReplyDelete