Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Busy Weekend






I had a really busy weekend. I worked at the Athletic Boosters Danny Ellis Golf Tournament on Saturday. Boy was it hot. I was the photographer for the event. Sunday afternoon I went to the Gem and Jewelry Show in Kissimmee. I found some nice beads to use on my dolls. I also got some beautiful dichroic glass that can be used for eyes on some of the dolls. I used dichroic glass for the eyes on “Sweet Sharonda” my half snake woman I made for the April Mixed Up Challenge for the ADO group. I didn’t have too much time to work on my other mermaid doll for the Under the Sea Swap. I did get her sculpted and painted with gesso. She looks a little funny bald.I can’t wait to see who my swap partner will be. This is a great way to add to your art collection, exchanging dolls with another artist. I almost have my mermaid the right size. This one is only eight inches tall. I don’t think anyone will mind if it is a little big. I think I am going to use a completely different color scheme on this doll. Maybe I will use red. I haven’t decided on a name for her. They usually don’t reveal their name to me until they are almost complete. I am having so much fun making dolls.

1 comment: